Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Doug DeCinces, 1981 Donruss #352

As much as I pride myself in playing detective and identifying in-game photos from context clues, I'm a bit in the dark when it comes to stadiums (stadia?). In particular, I haven't done much to familiarize myself with the characteristics of older stadiums. However, I know Chicago's Comiskey Park when I see it...or at least when I see its famed "exploding scoreboard", which is blurry yet visible over Doug DeCinces' right shoulder. There's something gratifying about being able to pin a thirty-year-old photo to a specific place.

2 comments:

Bo said...

Doug DeCinces is all over the news today. Thought that was what this post was going to be about.

Kevin said...

Bo - Nope, just really weird timing. I didn't even hear about that until I'd posted!