Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Scott Erickson, 2002 Topps Total #TTC4

This photo alarms me. I realize that Scott Erickson was with the Orioles for eight years, and that the last few seasons were particularly rough, being as full of injuries and losing baseball as they were. But I didn't remember Scott ever looking so weathered. For your edification, the veteran pitcher would have been 33 at the time of this photo, assuming it was taken in 2001. Compare the image above to this one:
The odd thing is that the People Magazine photo is from 2000, not that much earlier than the first picture. I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that a) the goatee is not a flattering look for Scott, and b) Topps doesn't spend much time using PhotoShop to pretty up their subjects.

1 comment:

TheThinGwynn said...

I always thought Erickson looked exactly like Ted McGinley.