Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Al Bumbry, 1983 Donruss #383

On this Veteran's Day, I would like to remember and thank everyone who has served in the United States military to help make and keep this country great. That includes Al Bumbry, who earned a Bronze Star as a platoon leader in Vietnam. It also includes both of my grandfathers, my Uncle Phil, and my girlfriend's father. When it comes to baseball, we can get carried away using words like "hero", but we should never forget who the real heroes are.

2 comments:

Rounding Thirty 3rd said...

Great post Kevin!!!

drew said...

As I was placing the cursor on the link for your blog on the camden chat site (the way I always get here) tonight, I thought to myself, "I wonder what card Kevin posted on Veteran's Day. [thoughtful pause, while page takes for ever to load on my overtaxed, too old laptop] Maybe Al Bumbry, that would be a good choice." And sure enough, it was an excellent choice. Nice to be on the same page with you.