Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Monday, July 5, 2010

Rene Gonzales, 1989 Donruss #377



Could the more seasoned Orioles fans out there help me
? I didn't get on the O's bus until 1993, so I wasn't around for the Rene Gonzales days. His first couple Donruss cards refer to him as "R.C." Did he ever actually go by that nickname? Or was Donruss going into business for themselves, a la Topps and "Bob" Clemente? Inquiring minds want to know.

2 comments:

Commishbob said...

I never heard him referred to as "R.C". Never knew where that came from. I thought it might have been a local Charm City name for him.

PeteLevin said...

Even stranger is the fact that his full name is "Rene Adrian Gonzales." Where does the "C" come from?!