Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Fred Lynn, 1988 Donruss Baseball's Best #297

Happy Halloween to one and all! I'm fairly certain that this is the orange-and-blackest card in my collection. Fred Lynn is actually in costume on this card; he's supposed to be former Giants, Cardinals, and Yankees slugger Jack Clark. Couldn't you tell from the eye black?

I hope you all have a festive and spooky night, no matter what you have planned. I'm staying in, since I'll be at the Ravens game with my dad tomorrow and we have to meet my uncle at nine to drive to an undisclosed tailgate location. But I did venture out last night to a friend's Halloween party in Hampden. My "suicidal Redskins fan" costume was a big hit, and I even gave an actual 'Skins fan the shirt off of my back at the end of the night so I wouldn't have to dispose of it myself. After all, the very idea of me owning a maroon and gold sweatshirt is truly scary.

1 comment:

FreeTheBirds said...

I wish they still wore orange jerseys, they'd make a great alternate road uni. Orange with Baltimore across the chest.