Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Chito Martinez, 1992 Donruss Triple Play #192

When you combine writer's block with the act of choosing a card at random from your "1992 Orioles" box, you get Mr. Reyenaldo Ignacio Martinez and some lovely red-to-orange-to-yellow-and-back-again gradients. This is a funny sort of photo, as Chito is racing toward home plate while the third base umpire flees in the other direction. They're like two ships passing in the night, kicking up clouds of infield dirt as they go. So we begin another week, unsure of whether we're coming or going. At least it's a short week, at least if your employer is kind enough to celebrate Columbus' accidental discovery of America.

The next time I pick blindly from a stack of cards, maybe I should keep going until I find one that is more interesting.

3 comments:

Commishbob said...

Lousy set, zero player, ugly jersey, and the Yankees polish off the Twins. It's the harmonic convergence of ..... well, something bad.

Kevin said...

Bob - On the plus side, Boston got swept by the Angels, and Papelbon blew the game! That's gotta be worth something.

Commishbob said...

LOL, yeah, seeing the RedSox fail is sweet.

As long as the Dodgers are playing I'll pay attention. I'm a closet Dodger fan, have been since I saw Koufax pitch. He awed me.