Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Friday, September 18, 2009

Vintage Fridays: Moe Drabowsky, 1967 Topps #151

I hope you'll forgive me for simply passing along a link on a Friday night, but I don't want to take a chance on an excellent blog post slipping through the cracks. I already knew (and had mentioned here) that Patricia and Lucy from Dinged Corners had become big fans of the dearly departed Moe Drabowsky. However, I was stunned and pleased to come across an interview that they published on Tuesday. The bloggingest card collecting mother-daughter duo in all of New Mexico had been in contact with Laura Nevell and Beth Drabowsky Morris. Laura and Beth are Moe's daughters, and they were kind enough to share their memories of the mischievous righty. It's a great chance to get a private glimpse of a loving father, an entertaining teammate, a patient coach, a gracious ambassador, and a pretty skilled pitcher.

But enough of my blather. Go read the interview here.

No comments: