Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Boog Powell, 1970 Milton Bradley

As you can see from the title, I need a little help from you, bright readers. I recently received this Boog Powell card in a trade, and I have no idea what it is. It's probably from some sort of card game, but what game? Who made it, and when? Help a brother out. Here's the card back:
DISCLAIMER: The above text refers to a card that you cannot see because my Internet connection is on the fritz and I can't manage to upload any scans. That's what I get for waiting until near midnight to throw something together. I guess you'll get a doubleheader tomorrow!

EDIT 9/6 8:41 PM: Now with images!

EDIT 9/7 9:35 PM: I knew I could count on you guys. Thanks!

6 comments:

--David said...

Ah, yes, that is the ultra-rare Topps 1975 "InvisDeck!" The set was a test-market set only and featured several Indians players, including Powell.

I used to have one, but I accidentally stuck a '75 mini Robinson in the pocket page and I ruined the Powell card...

Kevin said...

David: Very funny. Actually, you reminded me of my pre-drivers' license days (I didn't get mine until I was 21). I used to tell people that I drove a '95 Invisible.

CaptKirk42 said...

Look under Milton Bradley, it is from the Milton Bradley Baseball Card Game. It is late 60s early 70s. I think they were made in 1968, 69 and 1970. It is probably a 69 or 70.

HandyAndy said...

I agree, it's from the 1970 Milton Bradley baseball game set:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1970-MILTON-BRADLEY-BOOG-POWELL-MINT-*1278_
W0QQitemZ370250019947QQcmdZ
ViewItemQQimsxZ20090825?IMSfp=
TL090825157007r875


http://www.darwinsgamecloset.com/officialbaseballcard1970.html

jacobmrley said...

didn't I send you that? and yes, it is from the 1970 MB game.

Kevin said...

Thanks guys! And yes, Max, I do believe you were the sender of this fine oddball card.