Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Joseph Mahoney, 2008 Bowman Chrome Prospects #BCP74

I've been in an absolute fog today. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that it's mid-week, and sleep deprivation is catching up with me. But it's also the only day of the entire calendar year without any major professional sports action in the United States. You could forgive me for going through withdrawal, but honestly, I'm enjoying the break. Without a nerve-wracking Orioles game to divert my attention, I've finally organized all of my O's baseball cards. I won't toss and turn in bed tonight thinking about missed opportunities in another loss. Just like the players themselves, I need to recharge my batteries - at least as much as possible, considering that I'm still going to work for the whole week.

Oddly enough, the Birds get a four-day All-Star week. Their second half begins on Friday in Chicago. In the meantime, I'll try to call it a night and think about something engaging for tomorrow's blog entry. Please enjoy this shiny card of Orioles minor leaguer Joe Mahoney, who has 21 stolen bases in 22 attempts for the single-A Delmarva Shorebirds this year, despite being 6'7" and 255 pounds! You have to love minor league baseball.

3 comments:

Commishbob said...

Boog? Is that you?

Kevin said...

Haha, I'd like to see Boog swipe 20 bags.

Commishbob said...

Boog DID steal 20..... in his career! He got 7 out of 8 in 1968. Something to be said about the element of surprise I guess. Don't sell the big man short! LOL!