Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Boog Powell, 2005 Topps Rookie Cup #4

As usual, I'm burning the midnight oil here because there was much to do today (and honestly, much still left to do). Tomorrow morning I will be on my way to Ocean City, MD for a week of sun, sand, saltwater, and most importantly, rest and relaxation! Oh, and of course there will be Boog's Barbecue from the pit beef stand that he wisely installed along the inlet near the end of the Boardwalk. I have been counting the days for about a month now, and it's finally here. Believe me, I will enjoy it.

But I'm not leaving you in the lurch! I've got a week of posts scheduled to publish while I'm away. I'm a bit bored with the "This Day in Orioles History" theme that I've used for previous vacations, so I'm declaring this Eddie Murray week. I've got tons of kick-ass cards of #33 (let's face it, there's no such thing as a lame Eddie Murray card), and I picked out seven of my favorites to share with you. Feel free to leave comments, and I'll respond when I get back...unless I can pry my sister's laptop away from here for a few moments here and there at the beach apartment. Be good this week, and I'll see you in July!

2 comments:

William said...

I'm getting ready for what we in the biz call "crunch time" and you're gonna be burying people in the sand. Jealous is an understatement.

Kevin said...

Well guys, it's back to the grind for me. I hope the jealousy didn't eat you alive last week!