Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Monday, July 7, 2008

Brian Roberts, 2005 Topps Updates and Highlights #UH148

Alright, it's been an up-and-down week for the O's in my absence. But All-Star rosters were announced yesterday, with flat-billed closer George Sherrill being chosen as the lone Oriole representative. Or is he? Second baseman Brian Roberts was one of five players selected by AL manager Terry Francona as a candidate for the final spot on the team. But he needs your help. Vote online (you can follow the handy widget in the sidebar of this blog), and you (yes, you!) could send Brob to Yankee Stadium along with all of those overrated Yankees and Red Sox! If you need more convincing, consider the following:
  • AL leader in extra-base hits (tied - 46)
  • AL leader in doubles (32)
  • AL leader in triples (7)
  • Fourth in AL in steals (24)
  • Top ten in AL in runs, hits, and total bases
  • .295 AVG, .373 OBP, .493 SLG
  • One of the saving graces of my fantasy baseball team for four years running
So what are you waiting for? Get clicking! It's about time I used this blog to shamelessly shill for one of my favorite players, after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I definitely voted for Roberts, along with his NL counterpart, Corey Hart. I don't think I have time to hit the 25-vote max, but I'll keep plugging for Roberts in return for votes for Hart.