Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Steve Trachsel, 2007 Upper Deck #560

Friends, Baltimorons, Birdlanders, lend me your ears:
I come to bury Trachsel, not to praise him.
The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones;
So let it be with Trachsel. The noble Trembley
Hath told you Trachsel was an innings eater:
If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
And grievously hath Trachsel answered it.
Here, under leave of Trembley and the rest --
For Trembley is an honorable man;
So are they all, all honorable men --
Come I to speak in Trachsel’s funeral.
He was my friend, faithful and just to me:
But Trembley says he was innings eater;
And Trembley is an honorable man.
He hath brought many earned runs home to the enemy,
Whose ransoms did the box scores fill:
Did this in Trachsel seem innings eater?
When that the O's fans had cried, Trachsel hath wept.
Innings eaters should be made of sterner stuff:
Yet Trembley says he was an innings eater;
And Trembley is an honorable man.
You all did see that in the Rogers Centre
I thrice presented him a game to finish,
Which he did thrice refuse: was this innings eating?
Yet Trembley says he was an innings eater;
And, sure, he is an honorable man.
I speak not to disprove what Trembley spoke,
But here I am to speak what I do know.
You all did love him once, not without cause:
What cause withholds you then to mourn for him?
O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason! Bear with me;
My heart is on the waiver wire there with Trachsel,
And I must pause till it come back to me.
Lovingly borrowed from another source

No comments: