Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Damon Buford, 1993 Upper Deck #691

Because I really know how to have a good time, I've spent the bulk of my weekend thus far sorting a few thousand 1993 baseball cards. On the plus side, I've been able to get reacquainted with the magnificence of the 1993 Upper Deck set. Just look at this card, which zooms in on Damon Buford dancing away from the base. The photo is tight enough that it's just Damon and the infield dirt. He could be on the beach in Ocean City, if you use your imagination. I'm also really drawn in by Buford's shadow mirroring his movements from below. This is a baseball card aspiring to be art.

2 comments:

Commishbob said...

That really is a nice card. I do like that set. It came out when I wasn't collecting but I've added a few here and there.

never saw Damon Buford play but his old man had a really unique stance. Knees bent, bat flat. He was a fun guy to watch.

Kevin said...

Bob - I've got plenty of doubles if you ever want to trade. Shoot me an email and let me know.