Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Jim Palmer, 2012 Topps 1987 Mini #TM-94

I would love to give you the blow-by-blow from tonight's absurd 8-6, 13-inning win by the Orioles. However, I've been home from the stadium for about an hour and my brain is still in a fairly gooey state. The palms of my hands are still raw and red from pounding them against each other, and my voice is hoarse. Just wild.

So here's a new card (with an old design) featuring Jim Palmer's trademark high leg kick, which was immortalized in statue form at a dedication ceremony nine hours ago. Orioles Magic, spanning the generations. I'm pretty certain that I'm typing gibberish. I'm going to stop now.


Oriolephan said...

is it jim palmer saturday

Rounding Thirty 3rd said...

What a bizarre card, the 2012 Oriole bird logo, on the 1987 Topps design, for a player whose last season was 1984. Who thinks these things up?!?

Kevin said...

Oriolephan - Sure is. He had his statue unveiled.

Tim - That's actually the 1980s bird logo. But yes, Topps is pretty schizophrenic these days.