Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Jim Johnson, 2006 Upper Deck Update #1022

Jim Johnson had a rare luxury in this afternoon's game against the Rays: he was called upon to finish a game in a non-save situation. Thanks in large part to Chris Tillman's six innings of two-run ball and Chris Davis' two-hit, four-RBI game, the Orioles handed a 6-2 ninth-inning lead to their closer. After allowing back-to-back singles to start out, Jim wrapped things up in his customary fashion with a pair of ground balls to account for the three outs he needed. I'm just hoping that the O's carry over a bit of momentum into tomorrow night's series opener with Oakland, as I will be attending the game with my dad and uncle. I've already been to eight games at Camden Yards in 2012, and I'm working with a 6-2 record. 7-2 sounds pretty good.

No comments: