Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Jim Palmer, 1983 Fleer #69

Someday I'll get Jim Palmer's autograph.

Last night the Orioles announced the autograph session schedules for the FanFest convention, which takes place two weeks from today. Because I'm just that hard up for baseball activities, I'm planning on attending. So I looked over the signers, and decided that the session with Kevin Gregg, Adam Jones, and Jim Palmer would be my preference. As Meatloaf famously sang, two outta three ain't bad. But I woke up this morning at 10:30 - half an hour after the tickets went on sale. I guess an autograph panel with one of the O's only current stars and their greatest all-time pitcher was in high demand, because it was already sold out by that time. So I settled on the session with Troy Patton, Buck Showalter, and Brian Roberts. My favorite current Oriole (he may be perpetually injured, but he's still an Oriole) is a decent fallback option.

Is anyone else going to FanFest? Come on, what else are you going to do on a Saturday morning?

2 comments:

Ryan H said...

I'll be there. I get tickets for the Bordick, Jones, Hudson, Matusz session at 3:20 and the Brady, Andino, Markakis session at 4:40. Maybe earlier in the day we can hang out for a few.

Chris said...

I'll be there with my brother, we're going to hit up the Josh Bell, Mark Reynolds, Jim Johnson, and Bill Swaggerty at 11:20. Say hey if you see me, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who owns a Dave McNally jersey