Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Monday, August 1, 2011

Mike Devereaux, 1995 Stadium Club #282

One of the great things about collecting is that you can always find something to surprise you. I bought several packs of 1995 Stadium Club back when it first came out, but it was too pricey for my 13-year-old self to actually complete the set, so it sat around incomplete for a while. A few years ago I bought a Series 1 hobby box online, but I'm still far from finishing off the set. So a few months ago, I added this fantastic Mike Devereaux card to my collection, and it was the first time I'd ever seen it. This has got to be one of my favorite candid baseball photos, and it's certainly my favorite of "Devo". I'm going to assume that he's giving the camera lens a playful fist bump, and not lashing out at an expensive inanimate object in annoyance. He doesn't strike me as a violent sort of guy, and that's not a fighting posture he's taking. He's playing it cool.

No comments: