Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Monday, February 21, 2011

Dennis Martinez, 1985 Topps #199

I am into my fourth year of operating this blog, and I have never posted a Dennis Martinez card on President's Day. If it weren't for Ryan's suggestion in the comments to yesterday's post, it wouldn't have occurred to me this year, either. Sometimes we miss the obvious. President's Day and "El Presidente"...I guess you guys are going to have to keep me on my toes. If you were fortunate enough to have off today, I hope you had a restful and enjoyable day. I slept in, bought groceries, and started reading "The Bullpen Gospels" by ex-Padres and Blue Jays pitcher Dirk Hayhurst. Viva todos de los presidentes!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I also just started reading Bullpen Gospels. I'm a few chapters in. I read an interview with him on DRaysBay and had to buy it.

Kevin said...

Stacey - I cheated and checked it out of the library. But speaking of the Rays, I am definitely buying Jonah Keri's soon-to-be-released book about them, The Extra 2%.