Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Keith Reed, 2000 Bowman #264


This year, I'm thankful for:

-Fantastic trading partners like the mother-daughter team that sent me the nifty autographed card featured here

-A rejuvenated Orioles farm system that is full of top-level talent far superior to Keith Reed (Sorry, Keith)

-A small but appreciative (and responsive) readership that motivates me to keep blogging on those lazy days

-A supportive, close-knit family that includes a great new brother-in-law

-A stable new job with a much shorter commute

-Friends, including the new ones I've made and the old ones I've reconnected with

-Good health for me and my loved ones. Don't ever want to take that for granted

-My first two trips to the West Coast. San Diego is raipdly becoming one of my favorite places. By the by, the O's visit the Padres next June...

-Buying my first home - I'm in a holding pattern right now, but it should be a reality later this winter if all goes well

That's what comes to mind at present, though I could probably think of other things if I sat here long enough. If you have anything of your own to add, leave a comment. Happy Thanksgiving...even if you're Canadian.

4 comments:

Commishbob said...

Me, I'm thankful that my wife is in remission after her fight with Lymphoma this year....for my three great kids....and the fact that my boys only have a year and a half of college left and I can think about retiring....and for friends, some of which I've never met.

Kevin said...

Bob - All the best to you and your family! I'm glad to hear that your wife is well.

Collective Troll said...

I'm just glad to be alive myself... But I really love the blog-o-sphere and I love any blog that can remind me of the great Keith Reed! I really thought he would be an All Star for many years! Great blog my friend!

Kevin said...

Thanks, Troll!