Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Steve Stone, 1981 Kellogg's #58

It's been a very productive day. I have no basis to say that, except that I just realized that I've got the complete Orioles team set of 1981 Kellogg's 3-D cards. There are only five of them, but that's still a completed oddball set from 34 years ago, and they're great-looking cards. In this case, Steve Stone is popping right out of the frame, his right shoulder facing forward. He might have sparsely-populated bleachers behind him, or fluffy clouds, or perhaps the Atlantic Ocean. Maybe not that last one. Anyhow, I'm so fond of these cards that I might shoot for the entire 66-card set. That's at least my 28th-highest collecting priority, subject to change.

No comments: