Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Craig Worthington, 1991 Leaf #298

I was thumbing through some 1991 O's cards this evening when my inner child told me that I'd been neglecting Craig Worthington. It's been 20 months since I featured the former Oriole third baseman on this here blog, and really, how many Cal Ripken and Adam Jones cards can you see? I strive for variety in this trifling little enterprise. While we're here, I'd like to call attention to the fact that Craig drove in 105 runs in 132 games for the Hagerstown Suns in 1986, batting .300/.399/.471 with 35 doubles at age 21. Nobody in the Carolina League drove in more runs, though Ron Gant came close at 102. If only that batting prowess could have translated to the major leagues.

No comments: