Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

J. J. Hardy, 2013 Topps Heritage #221

I guess the Orioles don't mind it when I go on vacation. A month ago, I had a two-week adventure in Ireland with my wife. The O's were three games up in the American League East when we left. They went 10-4 in the interim and had a six-game cushion by the time we unpacked. This time, we just snuck in a long weekend getaway to the family cottage in Northeastern Pennsylvania. Nonetheless, the Birds did their part and took three out of four from the Twins while we were away. Their division lead is back up to 8.5 games, and there are 26 left to play. Of course, it would be nice if the Orioles would stop hurting themselves. Steve Pearce and J. J. Hardy both came out games in the Minnesota series with aches and pains; Pearce strained an abdominal muscle on his right side, and Hardy had some back spasms. Both are day-to-day. I know Buck Showalter and company don't do things the easy way, but I'd rather not try to wrap up an ALDS berth with an infield of Davis, Schoop, Flaherty, and Paredes.

No comments: