Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Monday, August 25, 2014

Calvin Pickering, 2000 Fleer Ultra #272

I'm off to the ballpark again tonight, as the Orioles open an 11-game homestand with the first of four games against the Rays. I hope the Birds' bats are waiting for them at Camden Yards, since they sure didn't travel to Wrigley Field with the team. Baltimore racked up a total of four runs in 27 innings against the rebuilding Cubs, two of which came on solo home runs. Things bottomed out yesterday afternoon, as Steve Pearce's four-bagger was the team's only base hit. With Manny Machado and Matt Wieters gone for the season, something needs to change. Chris Davis hitting more like Chris Davis of 2013 and less like Calvin Pickering of any year would be a nice start.

3 comments:

Zach said...

Ahh, Calvin Pickering. I pulled at least 5 different rookies of him back in the day. Same with Fernando Seguignol and Peter Bergeron. If those guys had panned out, I would have a small fortune today.

Kevin said...

One of my great regrets of recent years is not pulling the trigger on a game-used Peter Bergeron Expos road jersey. I think I saw it on eBay...

Zach said...

^ no COA needed, because who would fake that? Also, I doubt any retail jerseys were made of him.