Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Monday, June 2, 2014

Chris Davis and Adam Jones, 2014 Topps Heritage #5

I'm still enjoying this year's Topps Heritage offering, so much so that I finally sucked it up and bought a hobby box today. Chris Davis sitting in the top RBI spot on the American League Leaders card offers a nice parallel to Brooks Robinson's top billing on the 1965 Topps AL RBI Leaders card. Adam Jones drops in to make it a two-for-one deal.

Still, there's something funky about this picture of Crush. I think they just went a bit too crazy with the Photoshop filters. Davis looks blocky, like a computer-generated image of himself. I'm guessing that's the batting cage behind him that looks like an inky black wave rising up to swallow the first baseman. Run, Chris! Run!

No comments: