Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Wei-Yin Chen, 2012 Topps Chrome #188

I know that yesterday's post was a bit of a downer, and that's not a tone that I like to set around here. So let's have a little collectorly fun! Saturday afternoon my wife and I took an impromptu trip to Philadelphia to visit a good friend of hers. Along the way we stopped at the Christiana Mall in Delaware because, hey, tax-free shopping. In the mall-adjacent Target, I availed myself of four discounted packs of cards that I otherwise would not have touched with a ten-foot bat: a pack each of 2008 Upper Deck Documentary and 2012 Topps Chrome, and a couple of packs of 2012 Bowman Platinum. I didn't find much to blog home about, but a few cards have already been set aside for my long-neglected trade partners, and those that don't get redistributed will be welcomed into my collection to fill the oft-overlooked shiny quotient. Oh, and there was this Chrome rookie card of Mr. Wei-Yin Chen, who will hopefully be a bit more durable in 2014 than he was last season. No card-buying activity is ever truly a waste unless you allow it to be.

1 comment:

Brad's Blog said...

Passed right by me! I work like 2 minutes from the mall