Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Monday, September 2, 2013

Jim Dwyer, 1988 Topps #521

Janet and I spent most of the weekend running errands, so when we passed the card aisle in Target yesterday she insisted that I pick up some cards. (As if there were any doubt that she's a keeper...) I couldn't resist the allure of the 250-card mystery repack cube. I don't seem to have gotten any new Orioles cards, but I did get three copies of this classic junk wax Jim Dwyer number. It's got everything you could want in a card: a 37-year-old Pig Pen avoiding eye contact with the camera and sporting the worst, scraggliest mustache this side of Jake Arrieta. He looks as unhappy as someone can look in the shadow of a Florida palm tree. Anyway, I'll add him to the ever-multiplying 1988 Topps pile.

No comments: