Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Eli Whiteside, 2003 Bowman #323

It's been a while since I've posted a player's card just so I could make a lame wordplay on his name. But there's snow in the forecast for this evening and tomorrow morning, and I desperately want a snow day. Let's take a walk on the Whiteside.

Groan. Go ahead and toss your tomatoes.

Here in Baltimore, we've spent the entire winter being teased by Mother Nature. Nothing more than an inch of the good stuff this season, and that's just enough to wreak havoc on my morning commute. Last week, we had the worst of both worlds...rain AND temperatures in the 30s. Are you kidding me? It's time to straighten up and fly right, you mystical weather forces. I expect to wake up at 6:00 AM, see nothing but blinding white, and be able to turn over and go right back to sleep. Wednesday, March 6 shall be a day for flannels, snowmen, hot drinks, Netflix...and yes, organizing cards. Always with the organizing cards. Is that so much to ask?

1 comment:

Zach said...

I don't wanna be a buzzkill, but I've been vacationing in Florida for the past couple weeks, and I spent this afternoon laying out on the beach. It's a welcome break from the crappiness that is Central PA in March.