Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Eddie Murray, 1984 Ralston Purina #1

It's a weekend jam-packed with Orioles baseball for me. Last night I was on hand for Manny Machado's first two major league home runs and his first curtain call, as the O's whomped the Royals 7-1. Poor overlooked Miguel Gonzalez earned his fourth win with a career-high eight innings of six-hit, one-run ball. I don't know what the team can do for an encore this evening, but the unveiling of Eddie Murray's Orioles Legends statue in the center field picnic area is something worthwhile. I'd also like to see the Birds get back to 10 games above .500 for the first time since June 24, of course. This is my first chance to see the "new and improved" Chris Tillman, so fingers crossed that he's on his game.

1 comment:

Rounding Thirty 3rd said...

The drainage system at Camden Yards (and most modern parks) is amazing. I once sat through a 2 hour delayed start for a game. Those games would have never been played at Memorial Stadium.

The downside is a long night at the ballpark, made even worse if your team ends up on the wrong end of the scoreboard.