Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Chris Tillman, 2009 Tristar Obak #27

A year ago, I never would have thought that Chris Tillman would be the only one of the Orioles' young pitchers thriving in Baltimore. Tonight he dominated the Mariners for the second time this summer, carrying a shutout into the eighth inning and ultimately allowing a single run on five hits in seven and a third innings. Orioles 3, Mariners 1, and Chris is 5-1 on the season. The O's are 58-51; I still feel like I'd be happy with an 82 or 83 win season, but the notion that the team is within an eyelash of a playoff spot after two-thirds of the season is endlessly delightful. I'm ready to see where things go in the next two months.

No comments: