Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Monday, June 13, 2011

Craig Worthington, 1990 Topps Heads Up #22

What in the wide world of sports is this monstrosity? Well, obviously it's the disembodied head of former Orioles third baseman Craig Worthington. More specifically, it's a Topps Heads Up...card? Collectible? Call it what you will, it's a five-inch tall cardboard likeness of Craig's head, with an adhesive strip and a suction cup on the back. You could totally hang it up in your locker, or on your car window! I'm not sure why you would, but it's your prerogative. I obtained this thingy as part of the TribeCards Buck-a-Box break, and my haul arrived today in the mail. In addition to my Craighead, I also received a Gregg Olson Heads Up (now I have the entire two-head team set!), six 1988 Sportflics (Ray Knight, Cal Ripken, Jr., Billy Ripken, Eddie Murray, Larry Sheets, and a trivia card with the Orioles team logo), two 2009 Allen and Ginter (both Nick Markakis - base card and National Pride insert), and four 2011 Bowman (Ronnie Welty, Nick Markakis gold parallel, and Jonathan Schoop in base card and Chrome flavors). Not bad for the cost of an Abe Lincoln. Now I just have to decide where to hang the floating heads of the Orioles' top two rookies of 1989...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've got one of those! It was part of my plan to get rich by cornering the market on Craig Worthington paraphernalia, back in middle school.

Alas, that plan did not pan out.

Commishbob said...

Dammit Kevin, I'm going to have nightmares now.