Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Frank Robinson, 2003 Topps Gallery #63

Earlier this week, Frank Robinson made an appearance at Orioles camp and addressed the team in the clubhouse before workouts. It sounds like he gave a pretty standard speech - work hard, live in the moment, be grateful, prepare yourself - that went over well with the team. For me, it's not so much what he said. Just the fact that he was there was encouraging. Buck Showalter's quote about Robby was music to a Baltimore fan's ears:


"Frank (Robinson), you can see the pride he has in the Orioles. He could have gone to a lot of camps and done that. I was talking to him about that. Why here? He goes, 'I worn a lot of uniforms, but I was an Oriole.' "

3 comments:

Commishbob said...

I love Frank Robinson. I really do.

Kevin said...

Bob - All good people love Frank. I'll let you in on a secret - he'll be making an appearance on my 1965 Topps blog this week.

Commishbob said...

All right!!! Kevin, you're killing it with superstars. I gotta dig up someone for mine. LOL

Hey, I've never seen this video until the other day. Frank had a great run in the game. Up to and including his last game with the Nats.