Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Jeff Fiorentino, 2007 Fleer #323

Sayonara, Screech. As of today, Jeff Fiorentino is bound for the Land of the Rising Sun. The mop-headed scamp/serviceable fourth outfielder was signed by the Hiroshima Carp to a one-year contract for 40 million yen, plus performance-based incentives. He'll be a multiomillyenaire! Sure, the exchange rate might be a little bogus, but it sounds impressive and that's what counts. I'll always remember your red-hot debut in 2005, when you bashed five hits in your first seven at-bats. I'll also look back fondly on your return this past season, when you became the first player to wear #70 for the O's.

Well, that was a quick and breezy career retrospective. Konichiwa...

3 comments:

Orioles Magic said...

I hadn't heard that, thanks for the update Kevin!

FreeTheBirds said...

Get your Chris Ray card ready for tomorrow...

Kevin said...

Orioles Magic - I'm the pipeline to the Far East, naturally.

FTB - You actually broke news of this trade to me. Well done!