Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Monday, April 13, 2009

Dave Johnson, 1990 Score Rising Stars #43

I may not be a talk radio star/baseball analyst like former O's pitcher Dave Johnson, but I think I did alright for my first try at it. Last Thursday, I was Dave Gilmore's guest on the brand-new Baltimore Sports Report podcast. Our 49-minute discussion was posted today, and if you're so inclined, you can give it a listen here. Just to give you an idea of how dangerous it is to give me a platform to talk baseball, Dave had originally given me an estimated duration of 20 minutes for the podcast! We covered a lot of ground and worked in a lot of plugs for my NumerOlogy website as well as this humble little blog, and topics included Opening Day, retired numbers, the Orioles Hall of Fame, "cursed" uniform numbers, and my wild guesses for the numbers that'll be worn by the next generation of Orioles. I tend to be critical of my own performance when listening to recordings of myself, but I didn't really cringe on the playback until I started talking about Baltimore's long baseball history near the end of the podcast; I must have said "you know" about a half-dozen times in 30 seconds. But hey, I was probably mentally fatigued by that point. Enjoy, and feel free to offer feedback!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I listened to the first half last night. Good stuff. Bonus points for using the word cachet. I thought it was kinda funny he declared you master of Orioles numbers because you could name all of the retired ones. I mean, I could do that :)

Kevin said...

Stacey - I know. It was an easy test to ace, but these things happen when you're talking off the cuff.

William said...

I listened to bits and pieces of the podcast and you did a good job. I agree that Boog Powell's number should be retired; and I also agree that he makes a mean pork sandwich. That being said, what's the next step? Guest broadcaster on MASN?